The man accused of shooting another man in the 1700 block of South Washington Street in early February could spend the rest of his life in prison if convicted of the three felony charges brought against him Wednesday in Natrona County District Court.

Travis Hall, 25, faces one count of attempted second-degree murder, one count of aggravated assault and battery, and one count of possession of a deadly weapon with unlawful intent.

If convicted of all charges, he could be sentenced to serve 20 years to life plus 15 years in prison.

Hall allegedly shot 27-year-old Cody Lawson shortly before 1:45 a.m. on Feb. 6 after a night of drinking turned sour and led to an argument between Hall and Lawson.

Lawson told police he was sleeping when his roommate brought Hall back to their house for some beer pong. Lawson had to work early the next morning and was trying to get some sleep.

Hall reportedly turned the music up and was speaking loudly. Lawson, after asking Hall to keep it down, ended up shoving Hall out of the house and locking the front door behind him.

A short time later, Lawson was lying on the couch when he heard glass breaking.

He got up, opened the front door and was shot while standing in the doorway, according to an affidavit.

Charging papers say the bullet went through Lawson's left arm and into his chest. Fortunately, the bullet missed the chest cavity, bone and major blood vessels. Police later confirmed that the victim survived the shooting.

A neighbor called police at about 1:45 a.m. Officers arrived at the scene, spoke to witnesses and searched for Hall.

A short time later, police allegedly found Hall walking in the area of South Glendale Avenue and 21st Street. He reportedly put a revolver on the ground before officers took him into custody.

Hall's blood-alcohol content was .20 when he gave a breath sample at the police station, court documents say.

During his initial appearance the following day in Natrona County Circuit Court, Hall's bond was set at $250,000 cash or surety. It was later reduced to $100,000.

Defense attorney Robert Oldham on Wednesday asked Judge Daniel Forgey to reduce Hall's bond to $50,000 or $35,000.

"He's standing here for one reason and one reason only, that being alcohol," Oldham told the court. He added that he wanted to see Hall released on bond because he wants "the state to be able to see that this young man is trying to get his alcohol problem under control."

Assistant District Attorney Trevor Schenk told the court he believes $100,000 bond is appropriate for Hall.

"He went from an MIP on youth diversion to being charged with second-degree murder," Schenk said, adding that the potential sentence alone would be enough to create a flight risk should Hall be released on bond.

Forgey left Hall's bond at $100,000, saying he saw no reason to modify the amount.

Hall's trial date will be set later.