Casper Fire-EMS Puts Out Blaze In Mobile Home In North Casper
Casper Fire-EMS crews put out a structure fire that destroyed a mobile home in north Casper on Thursday afternoon, according to a news release.
The fire department responded to a call to the fire at 1250 N. Center St., about 1:40 p.m., spokesman Andrew Sundell said.
Crews found a single-wide mobile home with heavy smoke and fire, and were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
The sole occupant had already evacuated the trailer with his pet. He suffered some minor burns, was treated on scene and refused to be taken to the hospital.
Casper Fire-EMS expects the mobile home to be a total loss with heavy smoke damage throughout and major fire damage to the kitchen and living room. A damage estimate has not been determined.
The City of Casper/Natrona County Burn Fund and the American Red Cross were able to donate to the occupant and supply temporary relief and housing.
Casper Fire-EMS determined the cause of the fire was accidental. The occupant was working on a small engine. Fuel began leaking from the engine. Fumes from the fuel eventually came in contact with the pilot light on the gas stove, which ignited the fuel and started the fire.
The Casper Fire-EMS Department reminds people to be aware of the dangers of combustible liquids and their fumes.
When working with or around combustible liquids, always have proper ventilation and make sure there are no ignition sources nearby. The fumes will travel further than you think.