City Of Casper Alters Trash Collection Schedule
The City of Casper is changing its garbage collection schedules for the holidays, according to a news release.
Trash collection for all City of Casper trash customers will be delayed by one day both holiday weeks.
The Monday route will be collected on Tuesday, Tuesday on Wednesday, Wednesday on Thursday, Thursday on Friday, and Friday on Saturday. Trash containers should be in place on the sidewalks by 7 a.m.
The city's Regional Solid Waste Facility, or Balefill, 1883 Station Road, will be closed on Christmas and New Year’s Day. The facility will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the day after Christmas (Tuesday) and the day after New Year’s (Tuesday). The facility is closed on Sundays.
To aid Christmas tree disposal, the city has set up seven drop-off locations until Jan. 26. They are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The locations are:
- Near the Paradise Valley swimming pool at Valley Drive and Iris Street.
- At the recycling depot on Wyoming Boulevard across from the west entrance to the Fairgrounds.
- At the ball field at 13th and Sycamore streets
- On Viking Court cul de sac near Blackmore Road by the pedestrian bridge over Wyoming Boulevard.
- At the Huber Park recycling depot at Fifth Street and Lion Court.
- By the Mike Sedar swimming pool, 781 College Drive.
- Near the recycling depot at the North Casper Athletic Complex, 1600 E. K St.
Trees also may be taken to the compost yard at the Solid Waste Facility. Trees at the drop-offs and at the compost yard will be composted.
Please remove lights, tinsel and ornaments from the trees.
Residents who are unable to take their tree to a drop-off location may schedule an appointment for curbside pickup. Appointments are limited and need to be made by Friday, Jan. 12. Appointments can be made by calling the Solid Waste office at 235-8246.
For more information about trash collection and the Balefill, visit www.casperwy.gov. or calll the division at 235-8246.