There was a bit of excitement Tuesday at the Poplar Living Center on Poplar Street near Wyoming Boulevard.

At first it was thought to be a fire, but when the Casper Fire-EMS units arrived, they found the weather was to blame.

Fire Fighter Dane Anderson explained, that the sprinklers that are part of the fire suppression system had frozen and burst, setting off the alarm.

The haze from the system caused many to fear there was a fire.

No one was hurt in the incident.

The damage to the fire sprinkler system was caused by the extreme cold, and management says it will be repaired quickly.