The Five Richest People in Wyoming
With this week's Powerball jackpot currently sitting at $1.3 billion, and climbing, here's an interesting fact. If someone from Wyoming wins, they will become the fifth richest person to call Wyoming home.
Here's the five wealthiest Wyoming residents:
1. Christy Walton, Net Worth $24 Billion - Not only is this Jackson resident and Wal-Mart heiress the richest person in the Cowboy State, she's also the wealthiest woman in the world.
2. Forrest Mars, Jr., Net Worth $23.4 Billion - The heir to the Mars candy company fortune, Forrest Mars, Jr. was recently ranked the 52nd richest person in the world, and the 19th richest in America. A Virginia native, he also owns the Diamond Cross Ranch, an 82,000 acre homestead near Big Horn, Wyoming .
3. Leandro Rizzuto, Net Worth $3 Billion - In 1959, this Sheridan native launched the Conair company. He later founded the company Cuisinart.
4. John Edson, Net Worth $1 Billion - After serving in the Korean War, Edson began his boat building business in his garage. He later founded the Bayliner Marine Corporation, which he still holds a stake in. For years, he's maintained a residence in Jackson, Wyoming.
5. You - If you win the Powerball jackpot this week and opt for the cash payout, you would become the fifth richest Wyomingite.