Working From Home is on the Rise
More and more people are working from home and it seems like the arrangement is good for the employees … and the employers. According to Business Insider research from Highfive.com, there was a nearly 80% increase in the number of remote workers between 2005 and 2012. And 3.3 million people in the U.S. work remotely at least half of the time.
Here’s why it’s good for the workers:
- 53% reported that they were less stressed.
- 45% got more sleep.
- 35% got more exercise.
- 42% ate healthier.
- 44% had more positive attitudes.
- 51% spent more time with their significant others.
Here’s why it’s good for companies:
- 77% of workers said they were more productive.
- 52% were less likely to take time off when working from home.
- 30% accomplished more in less time.
- 24% were willing to work longer hours than normal to get more done.