Wyoming Ranked 10th Worst State for Women
Well, it can't always be great news for Wyoming. The folks at WalletHub.com have ranked the best and worst states for women.
Here is their press release...
Happy Women’s History Month! With the percentage of women in public- and private-sector leadership roles increasing this past year and women outpacing men in college enrollment, the leading personal finance social network WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2015’s Best & Worst States for Women.
To find the most suitable environment for the American woman, WalletHub examined the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia across 13 key metrics. The data set ranges from median earnings for female workers to women’s preventive health care.
Women’s Quality of Life in Wyoming (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
• 23rd – Median Earnings for Females (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
• 43rd – Share of Women-Owned Businesses
• 44th – High School Dropout Rate for Women
• 39th – % of Women Who Voted in the 2012 Presidential Election
• 35th – Female Uninsured Rate
• 30th – Women’s Life Expectancy at Birth
• 44th – Top-Rated Women’s Hospitals Score
• 49th – Women’s Preventive Health Care
For the full report, please visit: http://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-worst-states-for-women/10728/