Wyoming Ranked On The Top 5 Best States For Teachers
Here's another awesome reason that living in Wyoming is the best, especially if you're considering a job in the educational field.
Most educators don’t pursue their profession for the money. But that doesn’t justify paying teachers any less than they deserve, considering the profound difference they make in people’s lives. In reality, however, teachers across the U.S. are shortchanged every year — their salaries consistently fail to keep up with inflation — while the law demands they produce better students.
With October 5th, 2015 being International World Teachers Day and in recognition of the key role that educators play in our children’s lives, the personal finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2015’s Best and Worst States for Teachers.
Overall, Wyoming ranked 4th in the entire US.
Being a Teacher in Wyoming (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 1st – Average Starting Salary for Teachers
- 4th – Median Annual Salary for Teachers
- 18th – WalletHub “School Systems” Ranking
- 7th – Unemployment Rate
- 1st – 10-Year Change in Teacher Salaries
- 6th – Pupil-to-Teacher Ratio
- 9th – Public School Spending per Student