Fall Out Boy’s ‘Save Rock And Roll’ Album Review!
On Tuesday Fall Out Boy released their new album 'Save Rock And Roll' and I pre ordered it! I've had a few days to listen to it, and I thought I'd share my thoughts with you!
I LOVED this album! I was pleasantly surprised! Usually when bands make a "comeback" album, it usually doesn't live up to expectations, but this album was completely different!
Sooooo I'm not a fan of lengthy drawn out reviews, so here's the track list with a quick review of each song!
- The Phoenix --- I would be shocked if this song doesn't become a big hit for them. It's got a really heavy, hard hitting beat, with a catchy chorus that will be stuck in your head for days!
- My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark--- Well you've probably already heard this song, it's everywhere, but for the record I love it.
- Alone Together--- This is not quite as hard hitting as the first too, but I still expect this song to do pretty well for them it's a bit slower, but it's super catchy.
- Where Did The Party Go--- This song has a bass line that stands out, it's very bassy (haha is that a word?) and has a great beat to it. Once again, I think this song could be a big hit for them (this album if you haven't caught on, is SUPER catchy and I could see them having several singles from it)
- Just One Yesterday (Feat: Foxes) --- This song is featuring Foxes who is known for having an incredible voice, and in this song she shows off her pipes! This song really reminds me of Adele's 'Rolling in The Deep' like I'm not sure if it gives you that vibe or not, but the beat is very similar, and the way his vocals start in just reminds me of that song. As I've said a million times before, this song will be stuck in your head!
- The Mighty Fall (Feat: Big Sean)--- You know Big Sean from his work with The Biebs, but you haven't heard him with FOB yet! I think he meshes really well with the band and this song.
- Miss Missing You--- This honestly isn't one of my favorites from this album. It's pretty elctro-poppy sounding, and I'm just not a fan of that sound, so that's why I don't care for it. That being said, I don't totally hate it, it's just not my fave on the album. It's got a great hook to it though!
- Death Valley--- The beginning of this song honestly reminds me of something The White Stripes would have done (and I'm a huge White Stripes fan!) it's got heavy drums in the beginning, and then Patrick comes in with really distorted sounding vocals. It's got a great beat, and a lot of Tambourine, which is one of the most underrated instruments in my opinion ;)
- Young Volcano--- This song reminds me of Train's 'Hey Soul Sister' it's got a ukelele in it (or a very ukelele sounding guitar!), and reminds me of something you'd listen to on a beach! I don't think this will be a huge hit for them, but it's a pretty good song!
- Rat A Tat (Feat Courtney Love)--- Well the one issue I have with this song is Courtney Love, I really just can't stand her, and she sounds like a man in this song... Don't believe me? Take a listen for yourself! However even though I can't stand Courtney Love, I LOVE this song! It's got a crazy good hard hitting beat in it and it makes you just want to bob your head, it's super catchy, upbeat, and rock n' roll. I really like this song.
- Save Rock And Roll (Feat Elton John)--- I love Elton John, and think the fact that he did guest vocals on this album is amazing. This song definitely isn't the typical upbeat FOB we're used to but it's a great song. It's the perfect song to end the album with. Now I'm not totally sure, but I wonder if Elton John is playing the piano in it? I'll have to check into that. This song is slower, mainly Patrick or Elton singing over a piano with a simple drum beat under it. The chorus is powerful, and the song really builds as it goes on leading up to an awesome finish.
So there you have it! I would definitely recommend this album, it's all I've listened to this week! I also LOVE how FOB did their comeback. Usually a band announces a return, goes MIA for several more months THEN releases an album. FOB announced a comeback, released a song then an album just within a couple months. I thinks it's amazing that they were able to keep it under wraps for this long considering the big names they had on the album with them.
Have you heard this album yet? What did you think??