A bus full of Jackson third-grade students was evacuated Thursday afternoon when a chaperone's bear spray discharged.

The Colter Elementary School students were on their way back from a trip to Grand Teton National Park when somebody accidentally kicked the bear spray can and it discharged.
Principal Bo Miller said a few students experienced intense skin irritation, but there were no serious injuries.

Miller said the bus pulled over, evacuated and a replacement was sent to pick up the children.

Jackson Hole fire and rescue personnel went to Colter Elementary and helped treat the students with the school's nursing staff.

Teton County School District
Teton County School District

More From 104.7 KISS-FM