Casper Recreation Facilities Extend Hours For Eclipse
The Casper Recreation Division's three major in-town facilities will be open for locals and visitors during the extended eclipse weekend, according to a news release from the city on Wednesday.
Admission to the Recreation Center, Aquatic Center and Ice Arena, all located at 1801 E. Fourth St., is $7 per day to enjoy the facilities.
The $7 wristband price includes access during scheduled hours to gymnasium, fitness and weight rooms, locker rooms with showers and steam rooms, game room, lap pool, leisure pool with lazy river and water slides, and ice skating. Skate rental is not included in the wristband price.
Towels will be available for purchase.
The weekend wristbands are valid for use at all facilities during the following times:
- Thursday, Aug. 17 -- Recreation Center, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Aquatic Center, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Ice Arena, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 18 -- Recreation Center, 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Aquatic Center, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Ice Arena, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 19 -- Recreation Center, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Aquatic Center, 8 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Ice Arena, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 20 -- Recreation Center, 6 a.m. to 10 pm; Aquatic Center, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Ice Arena, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 21 -- The facilities will shut down for 10 a.m. to noon so you can view the eclipse: Recreation Center, 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. and noon to 10 p.m.; Aquatic Center, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Ice Arena, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information, called the Recreation Center at (307) 235-8383, or visit www.casperwy.gov.