5 Important Things To Do When Preparing to List Your Home
For many homeowners, their home is their biggest investment and the place where their family spends much of their quality time. The idea of preparing to list a home can be a bit overwhelming, so we reached out to our friends at Zest - A Real Estate Agency for their tips on getting started:
1) Really focus on curb appeal: Powerwash the exterior, get a new door mat, trim the lawn and maintain the yard, wash the windows, touch up paint and keep up with chores like that. A knowledgable real estate agent also can help determine if additional repairs would help with resale value or are best left to the discretion of the next owner.
2) Declutter inside and out. You've gotten used to seeing certain objects around your home, but removing clutter (likely more than you think necessary) will make your home appear bigger, cleaner and ready for the next family. Think of it as getting a head start on packing.
3) Find the real estate agent who is the right fit for you. Not only will you rely on your agent for advice on pricing and selling your current home, but you might use them to hunt for your new home, too. Zest really focuses on providing quality one-on-one attention and responding to questions and concerns promptly as they walk you through the process from beginning to end. You'll want to make sure you understand the variables involved so you get the best deal for your family.
4) Think about your needs for your next home. It might seem premature to worry too much about the next home before you list your current home, but take stock of your needs and wants and your financial situation. Are you counting on selling your current home to provide a down payment for your next home? Do you know what a comfortable monthly mortgage payment would be? As you're thinking about all this, start working with a lender so you don't waste time touring homes you can't afford and have plenty of time to find the right lending program. (If you don't know a lender, your real estate agent can suggest one.)
5) Be prepared for the paperwork. As you move through the process, both your real estate agent and lender are going to request and review many documents. Be prepared to gather the information and respond promptly so there aren't unnecessary delays.
Tammy Britton and the Zest team are committed to helping you find the perfect home and selling your current home quickly for the best price. To learn more about their expertise and to see how they can help you, visit wyozest.com or call