No injuries were reported, but a pet died during a structure fire in south-central Casper early Tuesday morning, according to a news release from the Casper Fire-EMS Department.

An engine was dispatched to a report of a fire/smoke alarm at 2500 Saratoga Road at 7:22 a.m., when a secondary report came in about an active fire in the house.

When the engine arrived, smoke was seen coming from the single-family house.

The crew entered the house, quickly extinguished the fire and prevented further damage.

The house was equipped with a fire/security alarm system that originally notified the home owner and fire department. This system included audible smoke detectors.

No people were at the house at the time of alarm. The home owner did have some pets inside, and the fire claimed the life of one pet.

In total, five Casper Fire-EMS units responded, along with their personnel. Other responding agencies were the Casper Police Department and Wyoming Medical Center ambulance service.

The news release did not state a possible cause of the fire.

Casper Fire-EMS added working smoke detectors help save lives and property. In this case, the remote system alerted the fire department before anyone else could report it. That led to the quick suppression of the fire and minimized loss.

More From 104.7 KISS-FM