Use Casper’s GeoSMART For Interactive Eclipse Information
From traffic information to viewing sites to first aid station locations, an interactive website provides comprehensive, real-time information for locals and visitors for the upcoming Eclipse Festival in Natrona County.
The City of Casper has added an "Wyoming Eclipse Festival" layer to their GeoSMART webpage, created and maintained by the Geographic Information Systems team. Captain Justin Smith with Casper Fire-EMS says it offers a wealth of information on a county scale for people who live in Casper and the surrounding areas, and for out-of-towners.
Some of the information includes:
- Traffic Restrictions (Parking, Road Closures, Local Construction)
- Eclipse Events & Viewing Sites
- Eclipse Sponsored Park & Ride Locations
- RV & Camping Accommodations
- Local Parks and Trails
- Public Safety Tips, First Aid Station Locations, & Real Time tracking of clinic/hospital wait times
"We want to urge people not only for them to use it, but also to inform people that are coming that, hey, start looking at this now, and it will help you when you get here."