5 Ways To Repurpose The Elevation Building
When I first moved back to Casper, Sidelines was the party spot, especially if you wanted a more eclectic variety of music than just country. That was even when it was located over by the mall and the old Red Lobster. Once the newer, bigger location opened with much more open space and a bigger dance floor, it really became the hot spot.
Through all the name and format changes, the Elevation building is in awesome location and has the potential to house many different forms of entertainment. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Dance Club - We already have many bars and sports bars in and around the surrounding area, but it would be nice to have a legit dance club. It could be 18 and over some days, 21 and up others. Honestly, the options are only limited by imagination.
- Dave & Busters - It's definitely big enough and having a place filled with adult video games, beer and another food option would be ideal.
- Music Venue - We do have a few great places in town that are good for shows, but back in the Elevation days, there were a couple of pretty great after parties that followed some Casper Events Center concerts. As a matter of fact, there were a few great shows (like MGK) that took place there as well. Again, it's in an ideal location and has the size.
- Laser Tag - There have been a few decent attempts at local laser tag fun, but at this size and with two floors, this would be to the level of a big city version.
- Indoor Paint Ball - This is also something that has been done before locally, but not at this scale. It would be fairly easy to set up, like the aforementioned Laser Tag, albeit a slightly more messy version. Considering how many more colds days we have then warm, for the serious paint-ballers, this would give them a winter alternative.
What would you do to the building of you had the chance?