How Does Wyoming Rank for Military Retirees?
May is Military Appreciation Month and Memorial day is just around the corner.
As we honor the sacrifices of our fallen soldiers on that day, let’s take a moment to look at how Wyoming is doing supporting our retired military veterans.
Wallethub has released their 2016 report of the Best and Worst states for military retirees. They measured each state by 20 key metrics ranging from VA healthcare, job opportunities, housing affordability, cost of living and recreation, to name a few.
Wyoming seems to be a good place for Wyoming Military retirees, check out the results.
Military Retirement in Wyoming (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 10th – Number of Veterans per Capita
- 2nd – Number of VA Health Facilities per Number of Veterans
- 11th – Veteran Job Opportunities
- 15th – Housing Affordability
- 14th – Number of VA Benefits-Administration Facilities per Number of Veterans
- 18th – Cost-of-Living Index
- 4th – Arts, Leisure & Recreation Establishments per Capita